The Cisco Unified Computing System is the first integrated data center platform that combines industry-standard, x86-architecture servers with networking and storage access into a single unified system. The system is intelligent infrastructure that uses integrated, model-based management to simplify and accelerate deployment of applications and services running in bare-metal, virtualized, and cloud-computing environments. Employing Cisco’s innovative SingleConnect technology, the system’s unified I/O infrastructure uses a unified fabric to support both network and storage I/O. The Cisco fabric extender architecture extends the fabric directly to servers and virtual machines for increased performance, security, and manageability.
Cisco UCS helps change the way that IT organizations do business, with benefits including the following:
- Increased IT staff productivity and business agility through just-intime provisioning and equal support for both virtualized and bare-metal environments
- Reduced TCO at the platform, site, and organization levels through infrastructure consolidation
- A unified, integrated system that is managed, serviced, and tested as a whole
- A comprehensive management ecosystem that supports complete infrastructure provisioning and management that can make your Cisco UCS instance anything from a bare-metal enterprise application engine to a multlicloud containerized environment. Locally hosted tools give you a range of options and Cisco Intersight software as a service is emerging as the solution to help you manage all of your assets worldwide.
- Scalability through the ability to manage up to 10,000 servers with Cisco UCS Central Software and to scale I/O bandwidth to match demand, with a low infrastructure cost per server.
- Open industry standards supported by a partner ecosystem of industry leaders
- A system that scales to meet future data center needs for computing power, memory footprint, and I/O bandwidth; it has hosted five generations of servers and three generations of network fabric in its highly simplified blade server chassis—and is poised to continue to support future generations of servers and networks.
When we first entered the server market in 2009, the challenge was to prove to our customers that we could out-innovate our competitors, and that we were committed to the market for the long term. Today, we are still the only vendor to offer a unified system that eliminates the tedious, manual, error prone assembly of components into systems, providing instead a system that is self-aware and self-integrating and that brings true automation to IT operations.
Our commitment to the marketplace has been demonstrated by a rise to join the top tier of server manufacturers in just three years, with more than 56,000 customers and more than 150 world-record performance benchmarks. We have continued to innovate and demonstrate our commitment to customers and to the server market. With three generations of fabric technology supporting modular upgrades to the system’s connectivity, and with even more generations of Intel Xeon and AMD EPYC processors incorporated into our products, we are demonstrating our strong support for customer investments and our readiness to take our customers into the future.
Download the full UCS Solution Overview from Cisco.
Located near the booming data center corridor in Loudon County, VA, Digital Tech Inc provides rapid response maintenance services including EOSL extension, spare parts, short- and long-term maintenance agreements, migration assistance and depot repair options. Our skilled engineers offer multi-vendor support, covering IBM, HP, Dell EMC, Cisco, NetApp, and many more.
To learn more, contact us today.